Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to The Second Derivative. This blog is a collection of thoughts, ideas, articles, and links with a common goal - to inspire thought and analysis. My goal is not to just to take these things at face value, but to also consider both their implications and their root causes and assumptions. I'm aware this is a very ambitious goal, and I certainly may not succeed. Then again, even if this blog ends up being nothing more than a repository for links that I personally find interesting, that's a failure I'd consider acceptable. If I can provoke some good discussion along the way, that's a failure I'd consider noble.

Ideally, I'd like to write about a very wide range of subjects. There's probably going to be a lot of finance and economics, since that's what I do for a living. Probably not too much US politics - there are many, many people out there who are much wiser about the subject than I, and I have no interest in getting involved in the mud-slinging. Foreign affairs, however, is fair game. As is science, history, literature, technology, and pretty much anything that intrigues or inspires.

Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment